Monday, January 07, 2013

To - Day



♥ Just for Today, Lord ♥
~ Matthew 6:11-12 ~

Just for today, Lord, help me live as though it were the last day of my life. Help me see the blue sky and the green of the grass, the beauty of Your world as You paint the sky a thousand colors and shades.
Just for today, Lord, help me put into practice what I believe ---- that You are there when I need You, and that You know me as I am, yet love me even when I mess up.
Just for today, Lord, give me the perspective of eternity, understanding that so much of what consumes my energy now will not count five minutes after I die.
Just for today, Lord, help me to get outside myself and my small world ---- my difficulties, my problems ---- and help me listen to others.
This sounds a tall order, Lord, but this what I need. It's how You lived day after day, giving us an example so that we can follow in Your footsteps. And one more thing, Lord please forgive me of my failures, short comings, and sin as I forgive those who sin against me. That's it, Lord, just for today.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment