Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Extravagant Love



"Let my tongue be silenced if I ever forget you!"
Ps 137:1-2,3,4-5,6
Ne 2:1-8
Lk 9:57-62

"Even if I have a thousand lives, a thousand times will I also offer my life!" This was San Lorenzo Ruiz de Manila's profession of his undying love for Jesus. That's what we call extravagance in following and loving Jesus. Only from Jesus can we learn this extravagant love. Jesus has never been stingy to us. Indeed he gave us all that he can. Quoting an old saying in Scholastic Theology says that "a drop of blood from the circumcision of Jesus could have saved humanity." But God chose the most difficult way, the most extravagant way. As Christians we called to love. But to love the way Jesus loves us, that is, an extravagant love, never stingy, no mediocrity. Half love does not work. Are we giving all to that we have to Jesus? Are we extravagant in our expression of love? ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment