Monday, September 30, 2013

Jesus Loves You



"When we serve the poor and the sick, we serve Jesus. We must not fail to hep our neighbor, because in them we serve Jesus." - St. Rose de Lima 

It's common thing to hear-read this, "I earned this. I deserve it! If anyone else wants to live like me, let him work harder. I haven't done anything wrong. Why should I give my hard-earned money to some lazy beggar? He would probably just waste it .... " When we are absorbed in our own comforts, we become blind to the needs of others, even to the most obvious basic needs of the poor. If we can fulfill our call to love, we must be aware of this weakness in our nature and overcome it by putting into practice what we believe. To change our hearts takes strong effort, in cooperation with God's grace. In the next life, the Lazaruses whom we failed to love will not condemn us, but our lack of love will be the cause of our torment. We do not have to search for the Lazaruses in our life, for they are near us, but we must open our hearts in order to be able to recognize them and love them.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment