Friday, November 16, 2012

Fighting Spirit




"I don't know Who or What put the question, I don't know when it was put. I don't even remember answering. But at some moment I did answer Yes to Someone ---- or Something ---- and from that hour I was certain that existence is meaningful and that therefore, my life in self-surrender, had a goal."

"From that moment, I have known what it means not to look back or to take no thought for tomorrow . . . . I've come to a time and place where I realized that the way leads to a triumph which is a catastrophe and to a catastrophe which is a triumph, that the price for committing one's life would be a reproach, and not only elevation possible to man lies in the depths of humiliation. After that the word courage lost it's meaning, since nothing could be taken from me."♥ 
~ Dag Hammarksjold ~

No comments:

Post a Comment